Subject: Re[2]: Flex on an AS400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Jan 94 09:05

I have no problem at all with being a contact for advice
          on porting Flex to EBCDIC.  The code was put on an AS400, so
          filing the message under /MISC/AS400 is more appropriate.
          The port was an interesting, very educational experience.
          Thanks again.

                                           Mark

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 12:33:48 -0400
To: "Michael W. Duffy" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
        [email-masked] (Vern Paxson), [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Steve Layten)
Subject: RE: Porting LEX scanner on EBCDIC machine
X-Mailer: <Windows Eudora Version 2.0.2>
Content-Length: 918

I came in late on this discussion - I don't follow comp.compilers very
closely these days because my job has shifted somewhat.

I ported (quite some time ago) flex 2.3.6 to an IBM 3090 under MVS, using
the SAS C compiler. The approach I used was, as Vern suggested, was to
translate the tables to reflect EBCDIC-based indices. I haven't even
downloaded flex 2.4 yet, so I don't know what's in the current distribution.
My patches were in the flex 2.3 distribution for a while in the MISC
directory. If you want any more info feel free to drop me a line - I still
have (somewhere) the patches that I created from version 2.3.6.

Steve Layten
-- 
Steven W. Layten, Senior Research Scientist
Chemical Abstracts Service PO BOX 3012, Columbus, OH 43210  +1 614 447 3600
INET: [email-masked]                                  FAX: +1 614 447 3813
# # Speaking only for myself, and NOT for Chemical Abstracts Service! # # #